Azcord Community Guidelines
Last Updated: October 14, 2022
We created Azcord to be a way to communicate genuinely, build relationships, and have fun hanging out with other people/servers. Our Community Guidelines ensure everyone finds belonging, but not at the expense of anyone else.
These guidelines explain what is and isn't allowed in Azcord. Everyone using Azcord must follow these rules, and they apply to all parts of our service, including your content, behaviors, servers, and users. We may consider relevant off-platform behavior when assessing for violations of specific Community Guidelines.
Our Trust & Safety team reviews reports by users and moderators. When someone violates these guidelines we may take a number of enforcement steps against them including: issuing warnings; removing content; suspending accounts and/or servers responsible; and potentially reporting them to Discord and/or law enforcement. If you come across a user, message, or server that appears to break these guidelines, please report it to us.
Respect Each Other
- Do not harass others or organize, promote, or participate in harassment. Disagreements happen and are normal, but making continuous, repetitive, or severe negative comments or circumventing a ban can cross the line into harassment and is not okay.
- Do not organize, promote, or participate in hate speech or hateful conduct. It's unacceptable to attack a person or a community based on attributes such as their race, ethnicity, caste, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, serious illness, disabilities, or other protected classifications.
- Do not make threats of violence or threaten to harm others. This includes indirect or suggestive threats, as well as sharing or threatening to share someone's personally identifiable information (also known as doxxing).
- Do not use Azcord for the organization, promotion, or support of violent extremism. This also includes glorifying violent events, the perpetrators of violent acts, or similar behaviors.
- Do not sexualize children in any way. You cannot share content or links which depict children in a pornographic, sexually suggestive, or violent manner, including illustrated or digitally altered pornography that depicts children (such as lolicon, shotacon, or cub) and conduct grooming behaviors. We report illegal content and grooming to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- We strongly discourage and may take action against vigilante behavior, as it can interfere with our investigation and ability to report to law enforcement.
- Do not make adult content available to anyone. You must be age 18 or older to participate in adult content on Discord, because of this, we do not allow adult content in our Service.
- Do not use adult content in avatars, server banners, server icons, invite splashes, emoji, stickers, or any other space is visible within the service.
- Do not share content that glorifies or promotes suicide or self-harm, including any encouragement to others to cut themselves or embrace eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia.
- Self-harm threats used as a form of emotional manipulation or coercion are also prohibited.
- Do not share real media depicting gore, excessive violence, or animal harm, especially with the intention to harass or shock others.
- Do not share content that violates anyone's intellectual property or other rights.
- Do not share false or misleading information (otherwise known as misinformation). Content that is false, misleading, and can lead to significant risk of physical or societal harm may not be shared in Azcord. We may remove content if we reasonably believe its spread could result in damage to physical infrastructure, injury of others, obstruction of participation in civic processes, or the endangerment of public health.
- Do not coordinate or participate in malicious impersonation of an individual or an organization. Satire and parody are okay.
- Do not engage in activities intended to cause damage or gain unauthorized access to another user's account, network, or system. This includes impersonating Azcord and Azrael Interactive staff, distributing malware, authentication token theft, phishing, DDOS, and other hacking or social engineering techniques.
- Do not use Azcord to spam, manipulate engagement, or disrupt other people's experience, including trying to to influence or disrupt conversations using bots, fake accounts, multiple accounts, or other automation.
- Do not organize, promote, or engage in any illegal or dangerous behavior such as sexual solicitation, human trafficking, and selling or facilitating the sale of prohibited or potentially dangerous goods (firearms, ammunition, drugs, and controlled substances). These activities are likely to get you kicked off Azcord (and Discord), and may get you reported to law enforcement.
- Do not mislead Azcord's and Azrael's support teams Do not make false or malicious reports to Trust & Safety or Customer Support; send multiple reports about the same issue; or ask a group of users to report the same content or issue. These behaviors may result in action being taken on your account.
If you see any activity that violates these guidelines, our Terms of Service, or our other policies, please report it to us.
These guidelines will continue to evolve over time. This means we may take action against a user, server, or content that violates the spirit of these guidelines when we encounter a new threat or harm that is not explicitly covered in the current version.
We will always make our best effort to notify you when we update these guidelines, but it is up to you to follow the spirit of them: keep Azcord safe and a place for everyone to connect. Thanks for doing your part.